icarusinstatic: (Hank and Nick)
[personal profile] icarusinstatic
Review for last nights episode will be up in a couple of hours. In the mean time, I've been on the kink meme, and I'm reading [personal profile] joec's story Kätzchen and the latest installment got me thinking that Renards Coat, if it were a legit character would be the most badass coat of all time. y?/y? And so:

Title Fashion is just a state of mind
Author: [personal profile] icarusinstatic
Pairing/Characters: Nick/Renard, the casts coats and Jacket's, mention of Hank/Wu.
Warning: Jacket OT3 (er... yeah. Trust me on this. Nothing graphic though)
Summary: ...In a universe where clothes talk to each other Renard's coat would be king.
Word Count: 520
Authors note/Disclaimer: Obviously, I don't own Grimm and for the first time in ever I'd like to assure people that I totally approve of Nick's Jacket/Hoodie combo choice.




"For god's sake, why did you allow Nick to place the both of you together again! Jackets should not be worn with hoodies, especially red hoodies!" The Long coat said huffily.

Sergeant Wu's police Jacket nodded seriously while Hank's wool coat looked over at Nick's hoody-jacket combo in commiseration, his human liked to mix and match sometimes too.

"That's just like your opinion, dude. Quit hatin'."

"Doesn't Nick take you to see that Blutbad friend of his? You do realize that Blutbad's are triggered by the color red, right?"

The squad room was quiet absent the meaningless chatter of the humans wearing the coats and jackets, but they weren't important right now.

"Monroe's cool, even if he does like his sweaters a bit much. Besides, at least he isn't Angelina, that chick tore us - and Nick's not that good at sewing!"

"That's it, when we get home tonight I'm making my Sean have a strong talk with your Nick!"

Nick's jacket and hoodie just groaned to themselves, because strong talks usually ended up with them being locked in the closet next to the Long coat. They envisioned a whole night being lectured on the perils of hanging out with strange sweaters worn by people who drank too much coffee and got themselves snagged by clock pieces.

It really wasn't fair, they didn't even get to watch when Nick got laid and the Longcoat rarely wanted to cuddle, except after Nick would almost get killed and then the Longcoat wouldn't let go. Nick struggling to extract his jackets from the clingy longboat the next morning. Okay, so maybe the Longcoat did love the two of them, but he still wouldn't let up on proper protocol and fashion rules. Sometime, the Jacket and red Hoodie just wished that the Longcoat would give it a rest and cuddle for the fun of it. Maybe find a way to wrap them in a warm embrace.

That was the nature of Jackets though, they were either too clingy or not warm enough. Tonight, Nick's Jacket's wouldn't be warm enough. Unless their owner went and put himself in mortal danger again.

Always a strong possibility.

Hank and Wu's jacket just watched silently one relishing in the fact that his owner had won a highly cometitive bet while the other realized that his owner was going to be a) sorta grouchy and b) totally getting laid tonight, because a happy Wu was a frisky Wu.

Nick and Hank briefed Captain Renard about the crime scene they had just come back from with Sargent Wu interjecting periodically with background information he'd turned up. All four men completely unaware of the very grave matters of fashion and protocol being discussed right in front of them.

In a very rare act of harmony, there was a collective groan of horror when Detective Ross entered the squad room, clad in a green corduroy jacket. Not even Nick's Jacket and Hoodie combo could call that fashionable. Though he couldn't deny the guy had guts.

Ross's Jacket immediately went on the defensive shouting, "Shut up, you guys know I look fabulous!"

End.

Edited: to add a couple more paragraphs.

Date: 2012-03-11 03:38 am (UTC)
taywen: (Nick & Renard)
From: [personal profile] taywen
Possibly the funniest thing I have read in a while ~ lol at the 'strong talk' ahead for Nick (and his jacket+hoodie combo??). And awww to Renard's Longcoat secretly?? being in love with Nick's jacket. <3

At least they're better off than Ross's corduroy jacket!

Slight nitpick - I think it's 'sergeant', not 'sargent'.

Amazing!!!

Date: 2012-03-11 06:20 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] joec
Wow, I've never inspired a fic about coats before, but thank you so much!

This was amazing and hilarious.

Will there be a sequel? ;P

WOW!

Date: 2012-03-11 07:34 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] thorneofacre
First of all this was brilliant! Awesome! I mean the sheer potential of this is breath taking. Just imagine what all shenanigans the Jacket and Hoodie, and the Long coat can get to...:P :D
Now you have triggered a whole different AU in my head where every other piece of clothing bows to Long Coat, and where the Jacket and Hoodie get up to all sorts of tricks to get cuddles from the rigid long coat.
I think I am in love with the coat. I also think I am going crazy...

Date: 2012-03-11 10:28 am (UTC)
sheneya: (Default)
From: [personal profile] sheneya
Cuddling coats, strangely I can see that happening, mine seem to mysteriously get together when I'm not looking in my closet.

Profile

icarusinstatic: (Default)
icarusinstatic

December 2012

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
91011 12131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 17th, 2026 03:53 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios